Friday, May 6, 2011

Spring is here!

Poor Natali. The first warm day, we let her go without a jacket and barefoot in the backyard. Then with all the cold icky days since then, she assumed winter was done and she didn't need a jacket anymore! She also regularly comes out with such toddler logic as, "I don't need a blanket, because I have a bandaid there!" (pointing to her toe)

They're going to be planting a garden at one of her preschools, and she's excited about that. She also has her own garden tools to "help" in the garden. I got to chaperone a walking field trip to a local bookstore, so Kjirsten had a blast as well. Kjirsten keeps thinking she's older than she is; every time I drop Natali off, Kjirsten wants to stay and play.

Nate and I are wrapping up the school year. It's been a fairly good year for both of us. Now we're just at the end-of-the-year grind that brings the atmosphere that so many teachers and students know – half of the students are just fine, and then the rest are split between those who don't care and have shut down, and those who are suddenly trying to get it in gear and squeak out passing grades.

I've been in a really good mood overall lately. I'm not sure why, whether it's just getting into my groove more with work and parenthood, or whether it has to do with the Moms' Bible Study I've been a part of since Natali was born. We've just done a series of books that have really been a good combination: Discerning God's Voice, The Beauty of Contentment, and are finishing up Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World. The second one wasn't as good as the other two, but all three of them together are just helping me be more aware of the good in life, and more accepting of stress. I highly recommend the last book, even if you don't do it as a Bible study.

Hope all is going well with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment