Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Guten Rutsch ins Neujahr!

I'm really really going to try to be better about updating this blog this year! Can't let my baby brother and his wife show me up, although theirs will be much more interesting with the adventures all around New Zealand this year.

Nate and I had a very relaxing break. It was busy, but it was all our choice – we spent time with family, he went to the shooting range, we went to the Shoreview Community Center water park and indoor playground, we spent time playing outside in the snow when it finally came, and I was a good girl and didn't look at school at all! I did a lot of putzing around the house and really got quite a few closets organized, plus did some mild rearranging to make the kids' toys look less cluttered in the basement. I've got three weeks to go to the new semester, so that's of course a busy time for students who let themselves get behind.

Kjirsten's finally figured out how to talk – a lot – and so that's really cut down on some of the tantrums. Our biggest struggle right now is food. She's even pickier than Natali, and more stubborn about it. We're really hoping she figures out the "one bite" rule soon.

Natali continually amazes us with what she's learning and remembering. She loves both preschools and can't make up her mind what she wants to do for kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment